Tragedy as little girl dies after getting tangled in blinds

Another child has died because people are not aware of dangers in the home, blind cords just being one of them.

On Saturday 3 April Bronwyn Taylor aged just 16 months died after becoming entangled in a metal chain of a vertical blind in her grandparents' conservatory.

The accident happened near Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffordshire and brings the number of fatalities in this county to four.

You can see a press report here.

We encourage all customers to remain compliant and vigilant.

To see what you can do please see our Child Safety Page on our website.